Thursday, November 17, 2011

Journal Entry #8

Since I haven't found a lot of inspiration for my Disney idea, I have been just doodling in my sketch book and from my last entry where I talked about typography, I have been drawing a lot on calligraphy. I think I have also revived my interest in drawing figures. So I have been going back to looking at my favorite figure drawing artist. This artist don't just draw any ordinary figures but figures in the fashion realm. Her name is Katie Rodgers and I guess you can considered her as a fashion illustrator. I really like her style of drawing and her combination of water color. I really like the fact that you can see her pencil sketches underneath her water color. I like the aesthetics of the drawings from fashion illustrator. When you look at fashion illustrators, the one thing that is common is slender and elongated quality of the women. Obviously, the women are models and models are meant to be thin and that is something that is looked at as beautiful in our society today.



I think maybe I can take all my ideas and somehow combine them together. However, I think that could be a bad idea because then I don't have a clear direction of what I want to do and no clear idea that I want to express. At least for now, I really do want to do something that involves drawing and illustration. Even though I am a design major, I want to go back to my drawing roots and perhaps I can add in some digital effects that I learn through Design class this semester which was dealing with digital aspect of design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment